With 4th of July celebrations right around the corner, we know what that means! Social gatherings with neighbors, family and friends along with lots of good food, fun games and hopefully some cool fireworks. We put together a yummy list of healthy 4th of July recipes that everyone will love AND you will feel good about serving! It’s time to have fun with real food!
1. These watermelon popsicles are the perfect refreshing treat, especially on those hot summer days. Try adding some Vanilla KidzShake to them!
2. Instead of filling up on soda and other flavored drinks with added sugars and additives, make this natural flavored water that uses only fresh fruit as the sweetener!
3. This festive fruit salad is perfect for those 4th of July potlucks and barbecues.
4. Start 4th of July with this yummy patriotic porridge! We love adding Vanilla KidzShake to our oats for that extra nutrition boost.
5. Nothing gets much simpler than pure fruit! Your kids will love putting together these patriotic fruit kabobs. We made a simpler honey cream dip with just plain Greek yogurt, honey and some Vanilla KidzShake.
6. These strawberry and chia yogurt parfaits are not only great for breakfast, but for dessert too! Top them off with blueberries, and you got a healthy, festive treat! Better yet, substitute out the maple syrup with Strawberry or Vanilla KidzShake!
7. If you’re planning for that 4th of July brunch, look no further than these banana blueberry waffles. We also love adding some vanilla KidzShake to our waffle batter! Top with yogurt, strawberries and blueberries for a patriotic meal.
8. This sparkling blackberry lemonade will sure be a hit at your 4th of July gathering! With only 4 ingredients and naturally sweetened, this is a healthy and refreshing family-friendly drink.
9. Your kids will sure have fun putting together this sweet and salty patriotic flag with you!
10. Another fun take on patriotic fruit kabobs! These kabobs are a fun, healthy and refreshing snack to munch on.
11. Energy bites make a perfect appetizer or dessert! Make these blueberry coconut balls with vanilla kidzshake. Yummy and satisfying!
12. Who said you can’t make banana bread a little patriotic? We added 2 scoops vanilla kidzshake PLUS and 1/3 cup blueberries and 1/3 cup sliced strawberries to this yummy recipe! Want to have some more banana bread fun? Use star shaped cookie cutters!
I hope you have a fun, safe, and healthy Fourth of July!!
Written by Gelsey Plaza